Although the TRASH BILL AB455 is considered "dead" for the year, this is not the time to be quiet. The preplanned rally is still happening and a group of women are planning a carpool to Sacramento to show their support for CHOICE! If you would like to join, please register and Roxanne Callahan or Krystal Hutchings will be in touch with you.
A Voice for Choice Advocacy (AVFCA) has TWO IMPORTANT ACTIONS IN CALIFORNIA TODAY.
1. Following on the heels of Culver City Unified School District’s (CCUSD) Superintendent stating that CCUSD will mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for students 12 and older, earlier this week, AVFCA today sent a letter that outlines the law and other key aspects to every California school district. Read that letter here. And every private school in California received this letter.
Per California law, California school districts and private schools CANNOT require the COVID-19 vaccine, unless either 1) the legislature passes a law that states it is required for school (per the childhood vaccine requirements for school) or 2) the California Department of Public Health puts out regulations stating such (in which case they would also have to allow a personal belief exemption), neither of which have happened to date. Furthermore, a school district cannot change their enrollment/attendance policy without a change in board policy, which would require it to be presented in a public Board of Education meeting and allow for public comment. Furthermore, a private school cannot change its enrollment/attendance policy without notice to parents and a change in the school’s enrollment contract, signed by both parties. Most schools and school districts also have a Nondiscrimination/Justice/Equity/Diversity/Inclusion Statement that such a vaccine requirement would go against.
Please feel free to use these letters from A Voice for Choice Advocacy, or content within them, if your school or school district is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for in-person learning. were right! Regardless of your current vaccine status, you should be extremely concerned about coming legislation (AB455).
With only two weeks of the legislative session left in California, there is a potential bill being brought forward by Assembly members Wicks, Low and Weber, as well as Senators Pan, Newman and Wiener that would:
A) Require ALL employers in California to require all their employees to be fully vaccinated.
B) Would require everyone 12 years and older to be fully vaccinated to enter any inn, hotel, motel, or lodging establishment, any restaurant, bar, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, or other facility principally engaged in selling food or beverages for consumption on the premises, and any motion picture house, theater, concert hall, sports arena, stadium, gym, spa, or other place of exhibition or entertainment.
The only exemptions will be medical and disability exemptions, with the slight possibility of a religious exemption.
Furthermore, there is no definition of "fully vaccinated." It will likely be up to the California Department of Public Health to define that. You may be fully vaccinated today with two vaccines, but tomorrow when CDPH decides you need a booster or three, you will be prevented from entering these establishments or keeping your job. Your 11-year-old will be able to come to restaurants with you, but when they turn 12 years old, they will have to take however many doses of the vaccine to comply.
So if you are not "fully vaccinated", you pretty much can't go inside anywhere other than the grocery store, the pharmacy and church. You also can't go to work. If this bill gets introduced and passes, we will be living in a fully totalitarian state, where discrimination and segregation are the norm. - Those who are not currently vaccinated in California are disproportionately Black, Hispanic and Native American. This bill will discriminate against these minority groups and will exacerbate already existing health inequities given minorities lesser access to the healthcare system.
- Those who have had COVID-19 and therefore have natural immunity would be considered unvaccinated, even though they are less likely to transmit COVID-19 than the vaccinated.
- The already hard-hit California lodging facilities will lose business, with the unvaccinated forced to stay at Airbnb-type vacation rentals when traveling.
- Employers, already struggling to find staff, will have to fire those who refuse to get vaccinated, leaving them even more short-handed.
- Employers will take on the burden of liability, opening themselves up to Civil Rights and vaccine injury liability lawsuits.
- Employers will see workers' compensation and insurance costs skyrocket.
If this bill passes, the real question is where will it end? The removal of your driver's license, throttled internet access, flight bans? A social credit score system that monitors everything you do? If you think this could never be a reality in California, take a look at China and consider the billion dollar deals Governor Newsom has made with China over the past 18 months.
Please sign this petition to show your opposition to this bill and to mandating vaccines in California.
SIGN THE PETITION