VISALIA REPUBLICAN WOMEN FEDERATED 2021-2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
1. Scholarship applications are being accepted for the 2020-2021 academic school year. The application process will begin on March 15, 2021. The scholarship will be awarded in 2021.
2. Applications must be submitted no later than May 31, 2021.
3. Applications will only be accepted online. Applications should be submitted through this form: https://forms.gle/cuVH2Jq1EKKCUYfo6
4. The number of scholarship awards will be based on available funds. There will be a cap of $1000 per award winner.
5. Applicant must have participated in some way in Republican activities such as the Young Republicans, Tulare County Central Committee, Republican Women Federated, and/or interning/working in the offices of Republican legislators.
6. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a Visalia resident.
7. Applicant must have applied to or be enrolled full time in a vocational school, community college, 4-year college or university, and must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
8. All applicants must submit a personal essay- 500 words or less- about what being a Republican means to you, educational goals, and career goals. Describe any special circumstances that you have experienced that would assist the scholarship committee in the selection process.
9. Please provide 2 Letters of Recommendation indicating how long the person has known you and in what capacity, including character, work ethic, communication skills, and working relationships. Letters may be emailed by originator to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Visalia Republican Women Federated, c/o Laurel Flores, 1525 E Noble Ave #280, Visalia, CA 93292. Letters must be received by scholarship due date in order for scholarship to be considered complete. Scholarship chairwoman will notify applicant via email once the scholarship is complete. If you do not receive an email notification, it is your duty to follow up.
10. All applicants will be notified by July 1, 2021, of the committee’s decision.
11. Scholarship awards will be given directly to the recipient upon presentation of their school schedule indicating full-time status.
12. Scholarship awards are at the sole discretion of the scholarship committee and will be awarded based upon eligibility, merit, and need of the student.
13. Should the scholarship committee determine that no scholarship will be awarded in any given period, those funds may be available for the next scholarship cycle.
14. Students must re-apply for the scholarship on a yearly basis.
The 2020 Scholarship winner pictured with the Scholarship Committee